Exotic Lamb Stuffed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The spice rack can be an easy world journey. Our Exotic Lamb Stuffed Potatoes are proof positive that a little spice can take us to a far off land.
What You'll Need:
- 6 to 8 potatoes, baked
- 1 1/4 pounds ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt to taste
- black or cayenne pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Slice off tops of baked potatoes; scoop out insides and reserve for other uses.
- In a large skillet, saute lamb and onion over medium heat until slightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, green pepper, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place potato shells in a baking pan; spoon meat - tomato mixture into potato shells and heat for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Ground beef and ground turkey work just as well. I save the insides of the potatoes for potato soup, mashed potatoes, or other potato dishes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!