Lemony Lamb Soup
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
In just about an hour, you can have a big pot of some of the best homemade soup you've ever eaten. Be careful - you may become a soupaholic after trying this!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat or boneless leg of lamb, cut into -inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/2
cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
teaspoon dried rosemary
teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 eggs
cup lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine the lamb, onions, celery, carrots, broth, water, rosemary, thyme, dill, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the orzo. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the orzo is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, beat together the eggs and lemon juice. Remove 1 cup of the hot broth from the soup pot and slowly whisk into the egg mixture.
- When the orzo is cooked, reduce the heat to low and whisk the egg mixture slowly into the soup pot. Add the spinach and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, or until the soup is slightly thickened. Serve immediately.
If you have some leftover cooked leg of lamb and don't know what to do with it, this is the perfect way to make a second meal with it. And with the lemon and egg in here, the lamb will have a whole new taste.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a truly unforgettable dinner tonight for your gang with our Magical Mac Cheese recipe. It's loaded with tons of cheddar and baked to perfection with a crunchy topping. You'll be in heaven after just one bite.