Lemony Lamb Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In just about an hour, you can have a big pot of some of the best homemade soup you've ever eaten. Be careful - you may become a soupaholic after trying this!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat or boneless leg of lamb, cut into -inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine the lamb, onions, celery, carrots, broth, water, rosemary, thyme, dill, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the orzo. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the orzo is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, beat together the eggs and lemon juice. Remove 1 cup of the hot broth from the soup pot and slowly whisk into the egg mixture.
- When the orzo is cooked, reduce the heat to low and whisk the egg mixture slowly into the soup pot. Add the spinach and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, or until the soup is slightly thickened. Serve immediately.
If you have some leftover cooked leg of lamb and don't know what to do with it, this is the perfect way to make a second meal with it. And with the lemon and egg in here, the lamb will have a whole new taste.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.