One Pot Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy one-pot international favorite starts with bite-sized boneless leg of lamb chunks and pasta pearls known as couscous. One Pot Couscous cooks up into a flavorful, change-of-pace Moroccan-style lamb stew your gang is sure to enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds lamb stew meat or boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous (see Note)
What To Do:
Coat a soup pot with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown the lamb, onion, and garlic 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
Add crushed tomatoes, broth, mixed vegetables, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until lamb is fork-tender.
- Stir in couscous and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until couscous is tender.
Couscous can usually be found in the pasta and rice section of your supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!