Orange-Honey Lamb Shish Kabobs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
Have you ever tried the combination of orange and honey with your dinner? Well, if you haven't, you ought to because it's absolutely to-die-for. Our easy lamb recipe for Orange-Honey Lamb Shish Kabobs uses some unusual ingredients that turn into a winning combination. Serve these kabobs over some couscous and watch your concoction disappear before your very eyes.
What You'll Need:
- 4 1/2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb top sirloin or boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large navel orange, quartered
- 2 scallions
- Warm cooked couscous
What To Do:
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Place lamb in a large bowl. Pour 1/4 cup marinade over lamb, and toss to coat. Set remaining marinade aside to serve with kabobs. Let lamb marinate at room temperature 5 minutes.
- While lamb marinates, preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Cut each orange quarter crosswise into 2 pieces. Cut each scallion into 4 (3-inch) pieces.
- Remove lamb from marinade, leaving marinade in bowl. Thread orange pieces, lamb, and scallion pieces evenly onto skewers. Brush skewers with marinade remaining in bowl. Grill, covered, 4 minutes; turn and grill 4 more minutes. Serve over couscous and with reserved marinade.
Navel oranges are large, contain no seeds, and have a sweet, flavorful meaty flesh. Their thick, bring orange rind makes them ideal for grilling, as in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!