Orange-Honey Lamb Shish Kabobs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
Have you ever tried the combination of orange and honey with your dinner? Well, if you haven't, you ought to because it's absolutely to-die-for. Our easy lamb recipe for Orange-Honey Lamb Shish Kabobs uses some unusual ingredients that turn into a winning combination. Serve these kabobs over some couscous and watch your concoction disappear before your very eyes.
What You'll Need:
- 4 1/2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb top sirloin or boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large navel orange, quartered
- 2 scallions
- Warm cooked couscous
What To Do:
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Place lamb in a large bowl. Pour 1/4 cup marinade over lamb, and toss to coat. Set remaining marinade aside to serve with kabobs. Let lamb marinate at room temperature 5 minutes.
- While lamb marinates, preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Cut each orange quarter crosswise into 2 pieces. Cut each scallion into 4 (3-inch) pieces.
- Remove lamb from marinade, leaving marinade in bowl. Thread orange pieces, lamb, and scallion pieces evenly onto skewers. Brush skewers with marinade remaining in bowl. Grill, covered, 4 minutes; turn and grill 4 more minutes. Serve over couscous and with reserved marinade.
Navel oranges are large, contain no seeds, and have a sweet, flavorful meaty flesh. Their thick, bring orange rind makes them ideal for grilling, as in this recipe.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!