Quick and Easy Gyros
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
Did you know that the name "gyro" comes from the Greek work gyros, meaning a "turn"? It refers to how gyros are made from rotisserie-roasted seasoned lamb that turns constantly as it cooks. You'll love our easy version!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/4
teaspoons salt, divided
teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
small onion, finely chopped
cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (6-inch) pita breads, each cut in half
cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a food processor, combine sour cream, cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper; process until desired sauce consistency. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine lamb, onion, parsley, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well then press into 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until juices run clear and no pink remains. Remove from pan and allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice and place in pita halves. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber sauce. Serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sip on our Best Strawberry Daiquiris, close your eyes, and imagine yourself cruising the Caribbean aboard a fabulous ship without a care in the world -- it's kinda like magic!