Quick and Easy Gyros
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Did you know that the name "gyro" comes from the Greek work gyros, meaning a "turn"? It refers to how gyros are made from rotisserie-roasted seasoned lamb that turns constantly as it cooks. You'll love our easy version!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (6-inch) pita breads, each cut in half
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a food processor, combine sour cream, cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper; process until desired sauce consistency. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine lamb, onion, parsley, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well then press into 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until juices run clear and no pink remains. Remove from pan and allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice and place in pita halves. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber sauce. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.