Microwavable Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 32 meatballs
- COOK TIME
- 9 Min
How do we make ordinary meatballs taste even better? We pair a sweet jelly with sour lemon juice to create these fantastic Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cocktail sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
What To Do:
- Coat a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, water, parsley, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Form into 32 equal-sized meatballs and place in the baking dish.
- In a microwave-safe medium-sized bowl, melt the grape jelly at 80% power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in the cocktail sauce and lemon juice then pour over the meatballs.
- Microwave at 80% power for 7 miutes, or until no pink remains in the meatballs and the juices run clear. Serve.
Did you know that we can only use certain containers in our microwave ovens? We should not use aluminum or foil products, unglazed pottery, recycled paper, and certain plastics. We recommend sticking with good old tempered glass, ceramic, porcelain, and strong plastics identified by the manufacturer as "Microwave Safe."
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!