Dried Cherry and Pecan Oatmeal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Put away that box of pre-made oatmeal. It's time for a homemade oatmeal recipe you'll be proud to serve your family again and again. We love adding a bit of fruity flavor to our morning breakfast table. The pecans add a bit of a crunch to your meal too which will get you up and ready to start your day with a smile.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
What To Do:
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Spoon 1 cup oatmeal into each of 6 bowls. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Serve immediately.
Regular or whole oats take a little longer to cook than instant, but they're higher in fiber, have a chewier texture, and stick to your ribs longer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles
- Farmer's Skillet Breakfast
- Chipped Beef
- Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Apple Pie Toast
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Strawberry and Cream Roll Ups