Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
This Pennsylvania Dutch-inspired Layered Amish Breakfast Bake is the perfect wholesome rise 'n' shine all-in-one-pan breakfast for a lazy weekend morning.
What You'll Need:
12 slices white bread
1 pound thinly sliced deli ham, divided
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon black pepper
cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 cups cornflakes
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line baking dish with 6 slices bread. Layer half the ham over bread and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; repeat layers one more time.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Slowly pour over entire casserole. Mix butter with cornflakes and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and set.
- What could be a better addition to breakfast than a side of crispy Hash Browns?
- For more information on beautiful Pennsylvania Dutch country, click here.
03 23 13