Almond Crunch Custard
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wait, does this recipe for Almond Crunch Custard belong with dessert or pasta? The only way to know for sure is to taste it. Okay, here's a hint: you'll love it at the end of a meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook orzo according to package directions; set aside.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, the granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup butter, and the vanilla; blend on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Place mixture in a large bowl then fold in cooked orzo and pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 40 minutes, or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup light brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter, and the slivered almonds. Sprinkle over the custard and broil 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly and golden. Let cool before serving, or cover and chill until ready to use.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.