Apple Cheese Pizza
- 13 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 28 Min
A is for Apple: Apples are available year-round but are at their peak September through November. They come in red, yellow, or green and vary in taste from tart to sweet. The most common apples to use for cooking are Braeburn, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Rome, Beauty and York.
What You'll Need:
2 tablespoons butter
3 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (14-ounce) package prebaked Italian pizza bread shell
Nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
cup chopped walnuts
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup cold butter, cut into pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Meanwhile, place bread shell on a baking sheet; coat shell with cooking spray. Arrange apple mixture over shell. Sprinkle with cheese, walnuts, and Streusel.
- Bake 9 minutes. Serve immediately.
- To make Streusel, combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. (Makes 1-1/2 cups.)
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.