Apple Chip Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When Mr. Food lived in Upstate New York, his friend turned apples from her tree into a luscious autumn apple treat. We're taking her recipe a step further by adding chocolate chips, and it'll surely become a year-round favorite at your house!
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized tart apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; mix well. With an electric beater, beat in the eggs, oil, apple juice, and vanilla until well blended. With a spoon, fold in the apples, chocolate chips, and nuts. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool then cut into squares and serve.
Makes 12 to 15 squares.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to win you rave reviews...one dip at a time. Our Bread Bowl Fondue is a modern day twist on fondue that's always a hit. When you serve this all-in-one, fun-do, fondue in the bread bowl, you better stand back, or you might get trampled!