We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Old World classic will make you feel like you're on a cruise along a winding European river! With all the traditional taste of a German-style strudel, our recipe for Apple Strudel uses a few shortcuts, like store-bought puff pastry, so you can get to enjoying in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 sheet (from a 1.25-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced apples, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pastry on a baking sheet and unfold. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons sugar mixture. Add apples and raisins to remaining mixture; mix well. Let sit about 2 minutes; drain off any excess liquid.
- Spoon mixture down center of dough. Cut slits in dough 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling. Brush each 1-inch dough strip with beaten egg and crisscross strips over filling. Brush top of pastry with remaining egg and sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen is cookin' up!
Looking for more easy apple recipes? Click here to view our collection!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!