Candy Apple Parfaits
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 20 Min
The taste of autumn mixed with the zip of cinnamon...without the sticks!
What You'll Need:
cups apple juice, divided
cup red-hot cinnamon candies
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon red food color
4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons cornstarch
cup graham cracker crumbs
cup (½ stick) butter, melted
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups apple juice, the cinnamon candies, vanilla, and food color; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the candies dissolve. Add the apples and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup apple juice and the cornstarch; add to the apple mixture, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter; mix well. Spoon 1/3 of the apple mixture evenly into 4 to 6 parfait glasses. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumb mixture over the apples. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Chill for about 2 hours, until cool. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
These look great topped with a dollop of whipped cream and some additional cinnamon candies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
02 24 13