Candy Apple Parfaits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 20 Min
The taste of autumn mixed with the zip of cinnamon...without the sticks!
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice, divided
- 1/3 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups apple juice, the cinnamon candies, vanilla, and food color; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the candies dissolve. Add the apples and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup apple juice and the cornstarch; add to the apple mixture, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter; mix well. Spoon 1/3 of the apple mixture evenly into 4 to 6 parfait glasses. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumb mixture over the apples. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Chill for about 2 hours, until cool. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
These look great topped with a dollop of whipped cream and some additional cinnamon candies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!