We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try coffee as the base of a fancy dessert. It's easy to turn leftover coffee and unflavored gelatin into your own espresso version of a gelatin treat!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups coffee, divided (1 cup cold, 2 cups hot)
- 2 (1/4-ounce-each) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
What To Do:
- Place the 1 cup cold coffee in a medium-sized bowl; sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee and let stand for 1 minute. Add the hot coffee, sugar, and milk, and stir until mixed.
- Pour into a 1-quart gelatin mold or a large serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, then top with the whipped cream and cinnamon before serving, if desired.
To create a fancy coffee treat, maybe add a tablespoon of your favorite liqueur when you add the milk. And if you want to get really fancy, why not make this in individual-sized wine or parfait glasses? Now that you've got a couple of new ways to use your leftover coffee, I can't forget to tell you this one: Don't waste used coffee grounds. Add them to your garden. (No, you won't grow your own coffee, but you will enrich the soil!)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!
- No Bake Desserts: 18 Easy Dessert Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Buttercream Frosting
- 10 Minute Torte
- Last Minute Applesauce Dessert
- 37 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Ooey Gooey Microwave Treats
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk