We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try coffee as the base of a fancy dessert. It's easy to turn leftover coffee and unflavored gelatin into your own espresso version of a gelatin treat!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups coffee, divided (1 cup cold, 2 cups hot)
- 2 (1/4-ounce-each) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
What To Do:
- Place the 1 cup cold coffee in a medium-sized bowl; sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee and let stand for 1 minute. Add the hot coffee, sugar, and milk, and stir until mixed.
- Pour into a 1-quart gelatin mold or a large serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, then top with the whipped cream and cinnamon before serving, if desired.
To create a fancy coffee treat, maybe add a tablespoon of your favorite liqueur when you add the milk. And if you want to get really fancy, why not make this in individual-sized wine or parfait glasses? Now that you've got a couple of new ways to use your leftover coffee, I can't forget to tell you this one: Don't waste used coffee grounds. Add them to your garden. (No, you won't grow your own coffee, but you will enrich the soil!)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!