We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try coffee as the base of a fancy dessert. It's easy to turn leftover coffee and unflavored gelatin into your own espresso version of a gelatin treat!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups coffee, divided (1 cup cold, 2 cups hot)
- 2 (1/4-ounce-each) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
What To Do:
- Place the 1 cup cold coffee in a medium-sized bowl; sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee and let stand for 1 minute. Add the hot coffee, sugar, and milk, and stir until mixed.
- Pour into a 1-quart gelatin mold or a large serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, then top with the whipped cream and cinnamon before serving, if desired.
To create a fancy coffee treat, maybe add a tablespoon of your favorite liqueur when you add the milk. And if you want to get really fancy, why not make this in individual-sized wine or parfait glasses? Now that you've got a couple of new ways to use your leftover coffee, I can't forget to tell you this one: Don't waste used coffee grounds. Add them to your garden. (No, you won't grow your own coffee, but you will enrich the soil!)