Cookie Ice Cream Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Hr 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 16 Min
Once these freeze, cut 'em into squares, and wrap 'em individually with plastic wrap for a ready-made treat. Kids of all ages will love 'em!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans and coconut in a rimmed baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Combine pecans, coconut, and cereal in a bowl.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour sugar mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until coated.
- Press half of cereal mixture into a 9-inch square pan lined with plastic wrap; freeze until firm. Spread with ice cream; press remaining cereal mixture over ice cream. Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!