Danish Almond Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Denmark has a reputation for being a great place for dessert lovers, especially almond lovers. (That's 'cause they're grown right there!)
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time, until a fine mixture forms, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the finely ground almonds, almond extract, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Blend in the flour and baking powder.
- Sprinkle the coarsely chopped almonds into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Spoon the batter over the almonds and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve this with dollops of whipped cream or a dusting of confectioners' sugar.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?