Dunkin' Mandel Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 Slices
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
Although this cookie kind of looks like a biscotti, it isn't! It's actually a Jewish cookie known as mandel bread, and it's just a little bit softer than a biscotti. We think you'll love our recipe for Dunkin' Mandel Bread 'cause it's got a nice walnut-crunch with a hint of lemon, vanilla, and cinnamon - Yum!
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and beat lightly; add 3/4 cup sugar and mix well with a spoon. Stir in the oil then add the flour and baking powder; mix until thoroughly combined. Add the nuts; mix well. Mix in the vanilla and lemon extracts; the mixture will be sticky.
- Divide the dough in half and place each piece on a baking sheet that has been coated with baking spray. Form each into an oval about 4- x 9-inches.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining tablespoon of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and slice 1-inch thick.
- For a crisper mandel bread, place the slices on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes per side.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Death by Chocolate
- Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Babka
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Layered Desserts: Top 30 Layered Cakes, Trifles, Pies and More
- Cherry Sour Cream Tortes
- 60 Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays
- Vanilla Butter Frosting