Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches
Anyone who loves Amish-style whoopie pies is going to go wild over these for Easter! Imagine putting these yummy colorful mini Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches displayed in a basket or tray on your dessert table. Or maybe even bring 'em along as an awesome edible gift.
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25-ounce) white cake mix
cup vegetable oil
1 drop each red, yellow, and green food color
1 cup milk
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup vegetable shortening
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Divide batter into 3 separate bowls, then add a different food color to each bowl to make pastel red, yellow, and green cake batter; mix well. Drop tablespoons of batter onto baking sheets in an oval shape.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and flour; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick paste. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in vanilla then cooled flour mixture, and beat until doubled in volume. Turn half the cooled cakes over on their backs; spoon each with a dollop of filling. Cover with remaining cakes, forming sandwiches.
Why not get the family involved in decorating a batch of our Hoppy Easter Egg Cookies?!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
04 03 12