Fall Harvest Cobbler
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to decide between pear or apple when you're craving a fruity in-season dessert! Make our Fall Harvest Cobbler, and you can have 'em both! Dried cranberries add an extra burst of flavor in this warm and cozy autumn favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
In a soup pot, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1-3/4 cups water; bring to a boil.
Stir in apples, pears, cranberries, and lemon juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Slowly pour into fruit mixture and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.
- Since 6 cups of fruit are needed, if you fall short on apples just add more pears, or vice versa!
- We just can't get enough of fruity fall desserts, so if you feel the same way, you may just want to whip up one of our Apple Coffee Cakes!
- Love this pie recipe? Check out our 10 Easy Fall Desserts for more pies and cobblers
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!