We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This "couldn't-be-easier" version of trendy cake pops was shared with us by authors, Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, of the "Hello, Cupcake" cookbook series. Try them, and you"ll find that whimsical Fork Pops taste as good as they look!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) store-bought frozen pound cake, thawed
- 18 plastic forks
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors
- Assorted candy for decorating
What To Do:
Place pound cake on work surface. Trim to straighten ends then cut into 9 1-inch-thick slices. Cut two circles from each slice, using a 2-inch round cookie cutter or the rim of a small glass. Repeat with remaining slices to make 18 circles.
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Carefully insert tines of a plastic fork into one side of each cake circle and place them on baking sheet. Freeze 15 minutes.
Place frosting in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave, stopping to stir frequently, until it has the texture of lightly whipped cream, about 10 seconds. Remove cake pops from freezer. Dip each pop in melted frosting to cover, allowing excess frosting to drip back into bowl, then return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until frosting is set, about 20 minutes.
- Using assorted candies, food colors, (and your imagination), decorate any way you like.
Here are some great decorating ideas to get you started:
- Divide the frosting into separate microwaveable bowls and tint with different food colors to make different color pops.
- Use assorted small candies to decorate the pops.
- Doughnut holes make great sports balls which can be decorated according to the sport.
- Rice cereal treats can be shaped into cubes, dipped in frosting, and decorated with mini M & M’s to make dice.
- Don’t throw out the pound cake scraps. Use them to make a layered dessert like a trifle!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe will really make you wanna shake your maracas! These pan-fried Shrimp Chimichangas will have your taste buds partying, making them perfect for any fiesta. And once you taste the sauce you'll want to put it on practically everything!
- Mom's Special Fruit Salad
- German Chocolate Snack Cake
- Buttercream Frosting
- 37 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Triple Chocolate Mess
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- No Bake Desserts: 18 Easy Dessert Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting
- Apple Fritters