Fresh Apple Turnovers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Amish-style dessert is just what you need after a long day, and you won't even mind making them because this easy apple turnover recipe uses shortcut puff pastry. Served by themselves or with a scoop of delicious ice cream, you can't go wrong with our stress-free Fresh Apple Turnover recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold puff pastry onto a cutting board and cut into 4 equal squares.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture into center of each puff pastry square, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Brush edges of each square with mixture. Fold each square into a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Brush top of each puff pastry with remaining egg white mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These easy apple turnovers can be frozen and heated in a 425 degree oven for about 4 minutes.
- Don't forget to check out these other 34 Easy Apple Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!