Fresh Apple Turnovers
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
What You'll Need:
(17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon butter
2 apples, cored, peeled, and diced
cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold pastry onto a cutting board and cut into 4 equal squares.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture into center of each pastry square, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Brush edges of each square with mixture. Fold each square into a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Brush top of each pastry with remaining egg white mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 06 14