Grilled Pineapple with Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
- READY IN
- 29 Min
Have you ever tried making pineapple on the grill? That barbecue isn't just for burgers and steaks anymore! Our grilled dessert recipe for Grilled Pineapple with Ice Cream uses cinnamon and brown sugar to sweeten the fruit, allowing it to complement your ice cream with ease. This summer, instead of serving s'mores over the campfire, why not try pineapple on the grill?
What You'll Need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger (see note)
- Vanilla ice cream (see note)
What To Do:
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Cut pineapple lengthwise into quarters; discard core. Remove pineapple pulp, discarding shell.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over pineapple pulp. Sprinkle evenly with ginger.
- Grill pineapple, covered, 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove pineapple from grill, and cut into chunks. Serve with ice cream.
You can substitute an equal amount of bottled minced ginger for the fresh gingerroot. Look for it in the supermarket produce section. Also, feel free to use low-fat or fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt in place of ice cream. It's oh-so-good either way you choose!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!
- Potluck Pistachio Fluff
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Homemade Glazed Doughnuts
- Buttercream Frosting
- Old Fashioned Southern Chocolate Frosting
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- "That Cherry Stuff"
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes: 501 Great Dessert Recipes for Any Occasion
- Banana Split Sundae Fluff