Holiday Whoopie Pies
- 18 pies
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Our Test Kitchen has put a festive holiday spin on popular Amish Whoopie Pies. Bake a batch of our Holiday Whoopie Pies and maybe even leave one out on a plate for Santa on Christmas Eve. Bet he'd love that!
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
cup granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable shortening
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Red and green decorating sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- In saucepan, combine milk and flour and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thick paste forms; let cool.
- In medium bowl, beat granulated sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in peppermint extract then add cooled flour mixture and beat until doubled in volume. Add 1 cup confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture is stiff, adding more if needed.
- Turn half cooled cakes over on their backs then spoon a dollop of filling onto each. Place remaining cakes on top of filling, forming sandwiches. Sprinkle the filling with decorating sugar, then serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 18 13