Homemade Glazed Doughnuts
Wanna really show off? Make your own doughnuts using our easy recipe for Homemade Glazed Doughnuts! Once you taste these doughnuts fresh out of the pan, store-bought will be a thing of the past!
What You'll Need:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons water
Vegetable oil for cooking
1 (7.5-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and water; mix well to make glaze, and set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat 1 inch of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Separate the biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Using an apple corer or a sharp knife, cut out a small circle in the center of each biscuit, forming doughnut shapes.
- Cook in batches in the hot oil for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- While still hot, dip doughnuts in glaze, turning to coat completely. Place on a wire rack that has been placed over a baking sheet to allow excess glaze to drip off. Serve warm.
For chocolate-glazed doughnuts, add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa to the glaze. Don't forget to cook the donut "holes," too!
06 01 13