Italian Almond Tortoni
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, no... put away the ice cream maker and put down the car keys. You can make our easy version of classic Italian almond tortoni right at home, without any special ingredients. Now tortoni is as easy as mixing and freezing!
What You'll Need:
- 1 quart (2-1/2 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 7 maraschino cherries, cut in half
What To Do:
- Line 12 to 14 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, soften ice cream (see Notes). Fold in whipped topping and mix well. Add almond extract and 1/2 cup almonds; mix well again.
- Place about 1/3 cup of ice cream mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Place muffin cups into freezer 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, garnish each cup with half a maraschino cherry.
- To soften ice cream, break it up in a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not let the ice cream reach the melting point.
- Why not change the rules and substitute other ice cream flavors for the vanilla? It might not be truly Italian that way, but it'll still be good...and different!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!