We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 10 Min
When we just want something cool to hit the spot, without filling us up, this is the perfect choice!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of about 6 lemons) (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, and lemon peel to a boil over high heat. Add the lemon juice and reduce the heat to medium; cook for 5 minutes. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish and cool to room temperature. Cover and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, until the liquid has frozen 1 inch in from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the freezer and mix well, being sure to blend the ice crystals with the remaining liquid. Place in an airtight storage container, seal and freeze for 6 to 8 more hours, until firm.
Makes about 1-1/2 quarts
The flavor is definitely best with fresh lemon juice, but bottled lemon juice can also be used.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!
- Dreamy Tiramisu
- Apple Fritters
- Treats for Your Sweetheart: 14 Valentine's Day Desserts eCookbook
- Buttercream Frosting
- "That Cherry Stuff"
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Layered Desserts: Top 30 Layered Cakes, Trifles, Pies and More
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting