Lower-Fat Whipped Topping
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, a lot of us are weight-conscious, but who says we can't enjoy a treat once in a while, especially something that's lower in fat? This is the new trick for getting a lowfat substitute for whipped cream. Give it a try and see what you think.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Pour the evaporated milk into a small glass bowl. Along with beaters, chill the evaporated milk in the freezer for about an hour, or until ice crystals form around the edge of the bowl. (It's okay if it freezes slightly.)
- Beat on high for about 1 minute or until very frothy. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla; continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Use immediately.
This is a great way to enjoy whipped topping that's lower in fat and calories than the regular ... but be sure to make it right before serving so that it holds together.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!