Melt in Your Mouth Tiramisu
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our melt-in-your-mouth version of the popular chilled Italian-style dessert, Tiramisu, is made with ladyfinger cookies that are flavored with instant coffee granules and liqueur, layered in creamy filling and topped off with a dusting of cocoa.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese (see Note)
- 1/2 cup refrigerated egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the water, coffee granules, liqueur, and vanilla; stir to dissolve the coffee then set aside. In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, egg substitute, and sugar until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the cheese mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with one package of ladyfingers, slightly overlapping to fit. Spoon half of the coffee mixture over the ladyfingers. Spoon half of the cheese mixture evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Layer with the remaining package of ladyfingers and repeat with the coffee mixture and cheese mixture. Spoon the whipped topping over the top and sprinkle with the cocoa. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Mascarpone cheese is a fresh Italian double cream cheese that is buttery smooth in texture and can often be found in supermarket deli departments. If it's not available, you can substitute cream cheese beaten with a little milk until creamy and smooth.
If you prefer not to use egg substitute, you may alternatively use 2 eggs (just mix with a whisk before adding).
- If you liked this Italian dessert recipe, be sure to check out our Cassata Cake or our Italian Cream Cake: An Easy Italian Cream Cake Recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!