New England Style Bananas Foster
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to be a monkey to enjoy bananas! And this one's got a dark, sweet taste that you're going to love because it uses one of our favorite ingredients: maple syrup. Fancy up that plain ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream with this quick, five-minute topping, and you'll never want to go out for dessert again!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3 1/2 cups diagonally sliced firm ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
What To Do:
- Combine syrup and rum in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add bananas; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add walnuts; cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over ice cream.
Be careful cooking the bananas. You don't want them turning dark or getting too soft!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!
- Dreamy Tiramisu
- Apple Fritters
- Treats for Your Sweetheart: 14 Valentine's Day Desserts eCookbook
- Buttercream Frosting
- "That Cherry Stuff"
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Layered Desserts: Top 30 Layered Cakes, Trifles, Pies and More
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Brittle