Pistachio Banana Wedges
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now, here's a dessert you don't see every day! Make delightful Pistachio Banana Wedges as a quick snack or an elegant, no-fuss dessert for company.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater, cream together the granulated sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat in the mashed bananas and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Spread evenly over the top. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!