Quick Double-Cheese grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
Grits can be made ahead, chilled, and reheated. To reheat, whisk a couple of tablespoons of warm water into grits over medium heat, adding more water as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Bring 6 cups water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in grits. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Add shredded cheese, butter, and pepper, stirring until blended. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!