Quick Double-Cheese grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
Grits can be made ahead, chilled, and reheated. To reheat, whisk a couple of tablespoons of warm water into grits over medium heat, adding more water as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Bring 6 cups water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in grits. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Add shredded cheese, butter, and pepper, stirring until blended. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!
- Butterscotch Yule Log Slices
- Overnight Stuffed Donuts
- Heavenly Orange Fluff
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting
- 60 Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- "That Cherry Stuff"