We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
The combination of strawberries and rhubarb makes this sauce a red-letter gem. Its ruby red color and rich taste make it just right for fancying up any plain dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or grape juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cinnamon stick, and wine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add to the strawberry-rhubarb mixture and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, until thickened. Discard the cinnamon stick and allow the mixture to cool. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 5 cups.
Turn ice cream, cake, pudding, or even fresh fruit into a special dessert by topping it with this versatile sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!