We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
The combination of strawberries and rhubarb makes this sauce a red-letter gem. Its ruby red color and rich taste make it just right for fancying up any plain dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or grape juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cinnamon stick, and wine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add to the strawberry-rhubarb mixture and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, until thickened. Discard the cinnamon stick and allow the mixture to cool. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 5 cups.
Turn ice cream, cake, pudding, or even fresh fruit into a special dessert by topping it with this versatile sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!