Strawberry Roll Up
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 15 Min
When you serve this cake roll, your friends and family will want to roll out the red carpet?for you, of course, because you've made another winner!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream, whipped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line a 10" x 15" rimmed cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, including the sides, with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the eggs for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar, then the water and vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture just until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert the cake onto the towel; peel off the aluminum foil. While still hot, roll the cake and the towel up from the narrow end, jelly-roll fashion, and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, unroll the cake and remove the towel. In a small bowl, fold the preserves into the whipped cream. Spread the whipped cream mixture over the inside of the cake and roll it up again.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to use, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, slice, and serve.
Garnish this dish with fresh strawberries.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!
- Tutti Frutti Dessert Pizza
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Buttercream Frosting
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Death by Chocolate
- Apple Fritters
- Apple Strudel
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix