Strawberry Roll Up
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 15 Min
When you serve this cake roll, your friends and family will want to roll out the red carpet?for you, of course, because you've made another winner!
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
cup strawberry preserves
1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream, whipped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line a 10" x 15" rimmed cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, including the sides, with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the eggs for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar, then the water and vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture just until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert the cake onto the towel; peel off the aluminum foil. While still hot, roll the cake and the towel up from the narrow end, jelly-roll fashion, and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, unroll the cake and remove the towel. In a small bowl, fold the preserves into the whipped cream. Spread the whipped cream mixture over the inside of the cake and roll it up again.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to use, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, slice, and serve.
Garnish this dish with fresh strawberries.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Pork Tenderloin Marsala will fancy up your dinner spread in no time, without breaking your bank. And 'cause this easy pork dinner is so tender, you won't even have to set the knives out! Talk about fuss-free, company-fancy!