Strawberry Roll Up
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 15 Min
When you serve this cake roll, your friends and family will want to roll out the red carpet?for you, of course, because you've made another winner!
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
cup strawberry preserves
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream, whipped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line a 10" x 15" rimmed cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, including the sides, with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the eggs for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar, then the water and vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture just until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert the cake onto the towel; peel off the aluminum foil. While still hot, roll the cake and the towel up from the narrow end, jelly-roll fashion, and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, unroll the cake and remove the towel. In a small bowl, fold the preserves into the whipped cream. Spread the whipped cream mixture over the inside of the cake and roll it up again.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to use, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, slice, and serve.
Garnish this dish with fresh strawberries.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!