Summer Strawberry Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a quick-cooking strawberry sauce that has a rich body. In the summertime, we just love running out to the local fruit market and picking up some fresh strawberries. There are just so many unbelievable recipes we can cook with 'em that we almost don't know where to start. If you're interested in making a homemade Summer Strawberry Sauce to drizzle over pound cake, ice cream, and so much more, then we've got just the recipe for you!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (about 1 pint) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- Place the sliced strawberries in a medium-sized saucepan with 1-1/2 cups water and the sugar. Cook over medium heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cup water with the cornstarch and slowly add to the strawberry mixture. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Add 1 or 2 drops of red food color to give the sauce a ruby-red finish.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!
- Cherry-Pineapple Crumb Cobbler
- Overnight Stuffed Donuts
- Mom's Special Fruit Salad
- 37 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Pineapple Citrus Cream Squares
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting
- Buttercream Frosting
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix
- German Chocolate Snack Cake