Valentine's Day Chocolate Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 25 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Surprise your sweetheart with Valentine's Day Chocolate Cups! Fill the cups with your favorite sweet, and you're ready to serve.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 8 small round balloons (see Note)
What To Do:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring just until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool to point where chocolate is not hot enough to pop a balloon, but is still pourable.
- Inflate balloons to about size of an orange; tie knots to seal. Starting halfway from knotted end, spoon chocolate over outside of balloons, completely covering outside bottom half of each. Allow excess chocolate to drip off bottom of balloons and place them on lined baking sheet.
- Chill 25 to 30 minutes, until chocolate is firm. Carefully pop balloons and remove them from chocolate cups. Chill cups until ready to serve (see suggestions below).
- Anyone with an allergy or sensitivity to latex should NOT make or consume these dessert cups.
- Serve each chocolate cup filled with about 1 cup of your favorite mousse, pudding, or ice cream, and garnished for Valentine’s Day or any special day.
- For other tempting treats, download our Recipes for Romance: 30 Valentine's Day Desserts and Drink Recipes free eCookbook.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!
- Butterscotch Yule Log Slices
- Overnight Stuffed Donuts
- Heavenly Orange Fluff
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting
- 60 Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- "That Cherry Stuff"