- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
This sinfully good recipe for Whoopie Pies, which are an Amish Pennsylvania Dutch specialty, tastes incredible with a cold glass of milk. With a rich creamy filling sandwiched between two mini chocolate cake rounds, "from scratch" was never easier!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Drop on baking sheets in 2-1/2- to 3-inch circles. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and flour, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until it forms a thick paste. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in vanilla extract then add cooled flour mixture and beat until doubled in volume.
- Turn half of the cooled cakes over on their backs. Spoon a dollop of filling onto half of them. Place the other half of the cakes on top of the filling, forming sandwiches.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES