We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food demonstrates the easy way to cut open an avocado for eating as is or using in a recipe. Avo Dogs is a recipe for a classic Chilean favorite that's a hot dog topped with zesty fresh avocado salsa.
What You'll Need:
- 1 large ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, garlic, jalapeño pepper, and oil; set aside.
- Boil, steam, or grill hot dogs. Toast the buns, if desired.
- Rinse, halve and seed the avocado. Scoop out the pulp into a small bowl and mash with the salt and pepper. Place hot dogs in buns; spread avocado mixture over hot dogs then top with tomato salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Chilean Avocado Importers Association
For more information, go to www.chileanavocados.org
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Mr. Food's 15 Best Grilling Recipes
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Cozy Mealtime: 14 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Root Beer Dogs
- Stromboli in a Flash
- City Hot Dog Guide