Hot Dog Reubens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Hot Dog Reubens came from a Mr. Food viewer who said he started to make a traditional Reuben sandwich but realized he didn't have any corned beef. He substituted hot dogs and the Hot Dog Reuben was born!
What You'll Need:
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 jumbo hot dogs (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 hot dog rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add hot dogs and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Spread dressing evenly over insides of hot dog rolls then place hot dogs in rolls. Top with sauerkraut then sprinkle with cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Serve these Hot Dog Reubens with the traditional Reuben go-alongs of coleslaw, potato salad and pickles. Mmm!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Mr. Food's 15 Best Grilling Recipes
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- Stromboli in a Flash
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Root Beer Dogs
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook