Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The corn dog is a festival favorite, and what makes Pronto Pup Corn Dogs stand out from the crowd is the flavorful batter they're hand-dipped and fried in. Our easy corn dog recipe will take your taste buds to the fair in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup oil
- 6 (1 pound total) hot dogs
- 6 wooden skewers
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine pancake and cornmeal mixes, milk, egg, and ground red pepper; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Place a hot dog lengthwise on each skewer. Roll hot dogs in pancake mixture, coating completely.
- Place coated hot dogs in skillet in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until coating is golden and hot dogs are heated through. Serve immediately.
Pronto Pups are a brand of corn dog which have been sold at the Minnesota State Fair, other state fairs, and events throughout the country since 1941. Pronto Pups are different from regular corn dogs because the batter contains a blend of several different flours to create its widely popular taste. The dogs are hand-dipped and fried on location. The Pronto Pup company claims to have invented the corn dog in 1941.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Mr. Food's 24 Best Grilling Recipes
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Root Beer Dogs
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- City Hot Dog Guide
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Easter Meat Pie
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes