- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
North meets Southwest in this recipe for Salsa Dogs. Hot dogs taste unexpectedly great in a tortilla!
What You'll Need:
1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped (see Notes)
1 (16-ounce) package kosher jumbo beef franks
4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, and salt; set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. Grill franks for 15 minutes, or until heated through and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Place franks in tortillas, top with salsa, and wrap.
- For less spicy salsa, use half of a jalapeño pepper.
- To complete your meal, serve with prepared guacamole and Mexican rice.
- Fresh hot peppers contain oils that can burn your eyes and skin, not just your taste buds. You'll be fine if you follow these rules:
- Hot peppers should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, so I recommend wearing plastic or rubber gloves when working with them. If those aren't available, protect your hands by coating them with a light layer of vegetable oil. But this will also make your hands slippery, so you'll have to be extra careful when handling a knife.
- When working with hot peppers, never wipe your eyes with your hands!
- You can also burn your tongue and mouth if you taste even a bit of a hot pepper.
- Always wash your hands and nails thoroughly with soap and water after working with hot peppers.
Recipe courtesy of and adapted from Hebrew National
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy hash brown casserole will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, it's a super side dish for a happy occasion, too.