We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
North meets Southwest in this recipe for Salsa Dogs. Hot dogs taste unexpectedly great in a tortilla!
What You'll Need:
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped (see Notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package kosher jumbo beef franks
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, and salt; set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. Grill franks for 15 minutes, or until heated through and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Place franks in tortillas, top with salsa, and wrap.
- For less spicy salsa, use half of a jalapeño pepper.
- To complete your meal, serve with prepared guacamole and Mexican rice.
- Fresh hot peppers contain oils that can burn your eyes and skin, not just your taste buds. You'll be fine if you follow these rules:
- Hot peppers should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, so I recommend wearing plastic or rubber gloves when working with them. If those aren't available, protect your hands by coating them with a light layer of vegetable oil. But this will also make your hands slippery, so you'll have to be extra careful when handling a knife.
- When working with hot peppers, never wipe your eyes with your hands!
- You can also burn your tongue and mouth if you taste even a bit of a hot pepper.
- Always wash your hands and nails thoroughly with soap and water after working with hot peppers.
Recipe courtesy of and adapted from Hebrew National
- How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Cozy Mealtime: 14 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Mr. Food's 15 Best Grilling Recipes
- City Hot Dog Guide
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Easter Meat Pie
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- Root Beer Dogs
- Honey Mustard Bologna