We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name fool you - this is far from a traditional clear broth. It's a lamb and vegetable stew that's full of chunky goodness!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, trimmed and cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium-sized celery stalks, sliced
- 6 cups water
- 8 small turnips (about 1¼ pounds), peeled and quartered
- 6 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, brown the lamb, onions, and celery over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except the barley and bring to a boil. Add the barley, then cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Fiesta Cabbage
- Mr. Food's 15 Best Grilling Recipes
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- Root Beer Dogs
- Oniony Polish Sausage