We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name fool you - this is far from a traditional clear broth. It's a lamb and vegetable stew that's full of chunky goodness!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, trimmed and cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium-sized celery stalks, sliced
- 6 cups water
- 8 small turnips (about 1¼ pounds), peeled and quartered
- 6 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, brown the lamb, onions, and celery over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except the barley and bring to a boil. Add the barley, then cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Mr. Food's 24 Best Grilling Recipes
- Easter Meat Pie
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Root Beer Dogs
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Cheesy Hot Dog Casserole