Shish Ka Dog
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Shish Ka Dog recipe is the answer to fancying up "just a hot dog" to become an "ooh-la-la" barbecue treat.
What You'll Need:
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- 5 to 6 hot dogs, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
What To Do:
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread a piece of hot dog, then pepper, then onion onto each skewer; repeat until all the chunks are used. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard, as desired.
For a great summer meal, just serve these with scoops of potato salad and a garden salad.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Mr. Food's 15 Best Grilling Recipes
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Cozy Mealtime: 14 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- City Hot Dog Guide
- Stromboli in a Flash