Ukrainian Garlic Crusted Liver
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just for fun, I had 10 people taste this without knowing what it was. Nine times I heard, "I love it!" and then, "I can't believe it's liver!" That's because it was so moist and bursting with garlic flavor. (By the way, the tenth one knew it was liver and wouldn't give in...okay, nothing's perfect, but I try!)
What You'll Need:
- 4 beef or calves' liver steaks (1½ to 2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the liver in a 9" x 13" pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the steaks. Spray the steaks with vegetable spray and bake for 20 minutes until desired doneness.
Beef and calves' liver does have to be cooked until it's dry and hard. Try cooking it to medium-well so that it's still moist and flavorful.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.