Ukrainian Garlic Crusted Liver
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just for fun, I had 10 people taste this without knowing what it was. Nine times I heard, "I love it!" and then, "I can't believe it's liver!" That's because it was so moist and bursting with garlic flavor. (By the way, the tenth one knew it was liver and wouldn't give in...okay, nothing's perfect, but I try!)
What You'll Need:
- 4 beef or calves' liver steaks (1½ to 2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the liver in a 9" x 13" pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the steaks. Spray the steaks with vegetable spray and bake for 20 minutes until desired doneness.
Beef and calves' liver does have to be cooked until it's dry and hard. Try cooking it to medium-well so that it's still moist and flavorful.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Mr. Food's 15 Best Grilling Recipes
- Let's Get Grilling eCookbook
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Cozy Mealtime: 14 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- Oniony Polish Sausage
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Root Beer Dogs
- Cheesy Hot Dog Casserole