Bistro Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to feel like you're dining in a French bistro...right in your own kitchen? Well you can when you make our delicious homemade Bistro Chicken Salad. With a hint of tarragon, this one is a stand-out!
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
What To Do:
In a large soup pot, combine chicken broth, water and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add chicken to mayonnaise mixture; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
A fancy way to serve this is to place a scoop of chicken salad on a romaine lettuce leaf and surround it with slices of fresh melon.
- Chicken Salad is a great way to make tasty use of leftover cooked chicken. Another Test Kitchen favorite is Fruity Chicken Salad, but there are lots of other easy and delicious chicken salad recipes here on mrfood.com, so check them out!
- If you liked this easy chicken salad recipe, check out our latest collection, How to Make Chicken Salad: 14 of Our Best Chicken Salad Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!