Great Garbanzo Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What could be a better picnic or anytime side dish than this tasty, high-energy salad combination of healthy garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas), pasta and fresh vegetables?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16- to 20-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups cubed (about 2 medium-sized) fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced celery (1 to 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine garbanzo beans, oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain. Add to marinated garbanzo bean mixture, along with remaining ingredients. Toss well to blend.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
If you don't have fresh parsley, use 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!