Grilled Romaine Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 11 Min
- READY IN
- 21 Min
Grilled salad recipes give the dish a unique, smoky flavor that make eating a regular green salad seem like a thing of the past. Our Grilled Romaine Salad is perfect for summer BBQs or backyard get-togethers, especially if you have a few vegetarians you need to feed. Whether you're serving these up as an appetizer or as a light main course, you can bet that everyone in your group is going to love how tasty salad can be on the grill.
What You'll Need:
- 4 romaine lettuce bunches
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Butter-Chive Dressing (see note)
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Pull off tough outer leaves of romaine bunches, and discard; cut bunches in half lengthwise, keeping leaves intact. Peel onion, and cut in half vertically, keeping core (root end and top) intact. Cut each half into 4 wedges. Brush lettuce and onion evenly with olive oil.
- Coat cold grill rack evenly with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium heat (300 degrees to 350 degrees). Grill onion wedges, covered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired degrees of doneness. Remove onion wedges from grill.
- Place romaine halves cut-sides down on grill. Grill, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or just until wilted.
- Divided grilled lettuce cut-sides up evenly among serving plates. Top each with 1 onion wedges (separate into slices, if desired), and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle evenly with shaved Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
For the Buttermilk-Chive Dressing, stir together 1-1/4 cups of refrigerated Ranch dressing with 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives. Store dressing in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Makes 1-1/4 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.