Israeli Chopped Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
Every culture has its own version of vegetable salads, and this Israeli salad is typical of how many Middle Eastern people prepare their salad vegetables. (Salad is so easy to eat when it's made this way!)
What You'll Need:
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, cored and diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, seeded and diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2-1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- 1 (15- to 19-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, green peppers, tomatoes, onion, olives, and garbanzo beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make dressing; mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or overnight., allowing the mixture to marinate before serving.
If you can, make this a day in advance so that the flavors have more time to "marry."