Israeli Chopped Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every culture has its own version of vegetable salads, and this Israeli salad is typical of how many Middle Eastern people prepare their salad vegetables. (Salad is so easy to eat when it's made this way!)
What You'll Need:
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, cored and diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, seeded and diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2-1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- 1 (15- to 19-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, green peppers, tomatoes, onion, olives, and garbanzo beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make dressing; mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or overnight., allowing the mixture to marinate before serving.
If you can, make this a day in advance so that the flavors have more time to "marry."
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!