Italian Bread Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stop! Don't throw away that stale bread. It's great for absorbing the dressing in our tasty and refreshing Italian Bread salad. Perfect for any potluck event, lunch, or even dinner any day of the week!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 (1-inch thick) stale Italian bread slices, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
What To Do:
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- Combine bread cubes and remaining 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently. Let stand 20 minutes before servings.
Once you've tossed the salad, letting it stand for 20 minutes gives all the flavors a good chance to "marry."
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!