Raspberry Fruit Cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I grew up eating canned fruit cocktail - we all loved it back then. But now that there's so much more fresh fruit available for salads like this one, I don't know if I'll go back to canned!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries, gently washed and patted dry
- 2 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 large pears, cored and sliced
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cornstarch over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar and cornstarch are dissolved. Add the raspberries and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes or until the mixture is slightly thickened; remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit, oranges, and pears. Pour the cooled raspberry mixture over the fruit and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
If you want to use frozen raspberries, increase the cornstarch to 1 tablespoon, use 1-1/2 cups frozen raspberries (about 1/2 of a 12-ounce package), and cook the raspberries for 5 to 7 minutes; then proceed as above.