We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoked sausage in this rich tomato-based sauce will make your taste buds stand up and take notice of our easy-as-can-be gumbo.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine the sausage, water, tomatoes, okra, thyme, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
Want to make this even more authentic-tasting? Add a pound of cooked and peeled shrimp 5 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!