We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoked sausage in this rich tomato-based sauce will make your taste buds stand up and take notice of our easy-as-can-be gumbo.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine the sausage, water, tomatoes, okra, thyme, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
Want to make this even more authentic-tasting? Add a pound of cooked and peeled shrimp 5 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!