The smoked sausage in this rich tomato-based sauce will make your taste buds stand up and take notice of our easy-as-can-be gumbo.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine the sausage, water, tomatoes, okra, thyme, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
Want to make this even more authentic-tasting? Add a pound of cooked and peeled shrimp 5 minutes before serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 12 13